At any time, you have the ability to update a contact's texting permission to prevent them from receiving text messages from your bot. Once you update a contact's texting permission, you will not be able to send the contact a message. Therefore, if you want to let the student know you’ll be opting them out of texting and how they can restart the conversation, send them a message beforehand.
For more information on messaging students individually, see Messaging Contacts
To Manually Change a Contact's Texting Permission to Opted-Out:
1. Log into the platform and navigate to the Contacts page
2. Locate the contact whose texting permission you would like to update by using the search at the top of this page
3. Once you locate the proper profile, click on the contact and their contact panel will slide out. Click the pencil icon on the top right side of the panel.
4. Scroll down to the toggle that says "Opted-Out". Click this toggle so that it is "on" (blue should be showing)
5. Click "Save" to update the changes. You will see a red "Opted Out" banner next to the contact's name
If you're looking to archive your student or students (changing status from Active to Inactive), please visit Archiving Contacts for more information.
Article is closed for comments.