Previously, when a contact asks the bot if it speaks another language, they received a message that only English was supported. Now, it will respond with instructions to set a language preference:
Contacts can switch their language preference for all incoming bot messages using the "#language" command (or the equivalent in another language, such as "#idioma").
- When the bot receives a message containing "#language", the contact will be sent a Script requesting the preferred language.
- If the contact submits an unrecognized language, the bot will exit them from this Script.
- If the contact submits the name of a supported language, the contact will be asked to confirm this selection.
- If the contact responds "No", the bot will exit them from this Script.
- If the contact responds "Yes", the bot will change their language preference and send a confirmation message in this new language.
Manually Editing a Contact's Language
Admins can also manually change a contact's language in the platform by navigating to the Contact pane and selecting a language code from the dropdown menu. Check out Changing a Contact's Language Preference
Article is closed for comments.