Not responding to the contact during the pause time will result in the bot providing answers once it has control of the conversation again.
- When you first launch the Live Chat, and as the learner sends in new messages, you may see suggested responses, powered by generative AI. To learn more about this feature, see AI-assisted Live Chat.
- If you know you’re done responding, it’s best to manually transfer control back to the bot so there’s no gap in response time with the contact.
Click the settings gear icon, then select "Conversations". This page provides a few options for the Live Chat experience.
- Live Chat Duration: Use this to set how long a Live Chat session will last after the last interaction from the agent. (This timer resets every time you send a message. If it runs out, the contact is exited from the Live Chat state and the bot will resume responding.)
- Disable KB Responses + Escalations: Toggle this on to effectively put all contacts into "Live Chat Only" mode. The bot will not respond to incoming messages using the Knowledge Base content, and those messages will not trigger escalations.
- Disable KB Responses: Toggle this on to effectively put all contacts into "Live Chat Only" mode. As above, the bot will not respond to incoming messages using the Knowledge Base content, but messages that match to certain topics will still trigger escalation emails.
- AI-assisted Live Chat: Brevity: During a Live Chat, the AI-assistant will offer suggested responses. This option controls the length of those suggestions.
- AI-assisted Live Chat: Tone: This option controls the voice/style of the suggested responses.