Your bot's Knowledge Base is made up of understandings. You could think of each one as a kernel of knowledge that your bot has learned. Each understanding is a collection of question synonyms and the answer(s) that have been crafted for your bot to use when its AI matches an incoming message to that understanding.
Most understandings in your bot's Knowledge Base come from Understandings and Best Practices. Below is the "anatomy" of an understanding:
- A Default Response is the general answer to the understanding's questions.
- A Personalized Response is a more specific response you can customize based on specific criteria if the answers to your questions can vary depending on the scenario.
- An Interactive Response is a response that utilizes a script to clarify the intent of a question, and connect the learner with important contextual information. (This can be personalized or a default.)
- Other tools to leverage in Responses:
- The Summary Question represents the intent or central meaning of an understanding. It should be unique and simple.
Creating an Understanding
Topic and Subtopic
Editing an Understanding
To ensure the MatchMaker AI is able to surface these responses when a learner asks a similar question, Mainstay uses Fuzzy Questions - different ways someone might phrase this idea.
If there are understandings in your Knowledge Base that are not applicable to your bot, you can delete them. When you delete an understanding, it will remove its approval status so that your bot no longer provides this answer.
- Click on the understanding you want to remove.
- Select the ellipsis, and then choose “Delete Understanding”
- Confirm you want to remove the question by selecting “OK.”
Remember: Deleting a question will cause it to be unapproved and removed from your Knowledge Base page. Please keep in mind, contacts will no longer receive the answer to a deleted understanding.