The Knowledge Base is a repository of information that your learners can access through chatting with the Mainstay bot. When a learner sends in a message (outside of a Live Chat or Script), our MatchMaker AI looks through your Knowledge Base to find the best match.
When searching for an understanding, you can search by topic or question. You can also use the sidebar to filter your view:
- Select "Understandings" to view the entire Knowledge Base.
- Filter by approval status:
- Approved: understandings available for your bot to send
- Not Approved: understandings not available for your bot to send
- No Answer: understandings with no answer
- Filter by understanding topic
The Understandings table includes information about each understanding in that section:
- Topic / Subtopic: the primary organization structure for your Knowledge Base. The topics are available as filters in the sidebar. Every understanding has a unique topic/subtopic combination.
- Summary Question: the main idea of the understanding.
- Response: the first approved default answer.
- If no default answer is approved, it will display the first default answer.
- If there are no default answers, it will display a Mainstay suggested answer, if available.
- # Responses: the number of responses attached to this understanding, including personalized responses.
- Fuzzy Questions: the number of fuzzy questions attached to this understanding.
For more information on creating and editing understandings, visit Knowledge Base Understandings.
Other Knowledge Base tools
The sidebar includes many other features: