Test the Bot is a tool in the platform that connects you right to the chat bot. Use this tool to send messages to the bot that you think a student would send via SMS, web chat, or Facebook chat.
To use this feature go to your Settings page and click on Test the Bot:
Once you've clicked test the bot:
- Type a message into the text field (see image below).
- Click the green send arrow in the bottom-right corner.
- Your message will appear in a white bubble on the right side of the chat window.
- The bot will display a “…” bubble to show that it’s processing your response.
- Then the bot’s response message will appear in a blue bubble on the left side of the chat window.
- The bot’s responses are the same responses that a student would receive when asking that question. So you can use this tool to ensure that the bot is giving the right answers for all understandings in your Knowledge Base.
- Once you have engaged with the bot, a Contact will be created. It will be visible in the Conversations Inbox and in the Contacts page. The Contact will automatically be labeled as a Test User. (See this article for more on Test Users.)
- You can view this test conversation on your conversations page – to learn more about this see our article Conversations page.